Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office

County Seat - Port Townsend, WA - Dave Stanko, Sheriff

 Concealed Pistol License Information    (CPL Application download/printable PDF file)

A Concealed Pistol License is a license provided by and regulated by the State of Washington.

Concealed Pistol Licenses can be obtained at the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office at 79 Elkins Road in Port Hadlock, WA.

Fingerprints for original CPL applications are processed Tuesday through Friday 1:30 – 3:00 by appointment only.
Call (360)385-3831 EXT 0 to make an appointment.

The following requirements must be met to obtain a Concealed Pistol License through the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department:

See the Washington State concealed pistol application information.

Specialized Forest Products Transport Permits

Permits to transport or harvest Specialized Forest Products can be obtained and/or validated during regular business hours.

In Washington, timber harvesting and related activities on private lands (road construction, water crossings and diversions, chemical application, reforestation and debris disposal) are regulated by the State's Forest Practices Act and Forest Practices Rule. The Act and subsequent rules protect water, fish, wildlife and capital improvements of the State and its political subdivisions while maintaining a viable forest products industry.

Please bring the following documents when applying for a permit:

For further information on the laws regarding specialized forest products please see RCW 76.48

Permits for cutting on state lands are issued from the DNR:  Wood Cutting Permit


The Sheriff’s Office offers fingerprinting services for pre-employment background checks. This service is available by appointment only.
Please call 360-385-3831 ext. 0 to schedule.

Please bring the following at time of appointment:

Background Checks

The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office provides background checks for LOCAL RECORDS ONLY (Jefferson County).  For in depth local/state back ground checks please see the WSP Watch Program.

Junk/Abandoned Vehicles

Under certain circumstances the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office will send a Deputy to your property for a junk/abandoned vehicle inspection.  Prior to requesting an inspection it is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with the law under RCW 46.55.010 in regards to what constitutes a “junk” vehicle.  It is also your responsibility to comply with the additional requirements under RCW 46.55.230  in regards to notifications.  These requirements are also listed on the Washington Department of Licensing Junk Vehicle Affidavit.  If you wish to request a Deputy respond to your property to perform a junk/abandoned vehicle inspection please download and complete the form “JCSO Junk/Abandoned Vehicle Inspection Request” below.  The completed form can either be dropped off at our Port Hadlock Office during regular business hours or mailed to the following address:

Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office

Junk/Abandoned Vehicle Section

79 Elkins Road

Port Hadlock, WA 98339     

Administrative Services: Back to Services Junked vehicle Request.pdf

We are now open 9 – 4 Monday through Friday, and closed for lunch from 12-1:00