How do I get the Sheriff’s Office to come and evict my tenant?

The Sheriff’s Office does not become involved in any evictions until you obtain the “Writ of Restitution”. There are several steps you must take prior to obtaining this document. They can be explained to you by your attorney. Another helpful resource is the pamphlet “Landlord/Tenant Laws” which is put out by the Office of the Attorney General and copies can be obtained through the Attorney General’s Office or the Sheriff’s Office.

Click here for a copy of the Washington State Attorney General's Office pamphlet on the Landlord/Tenant Law.

Eviction Information